Spend a day exploring Penguin Island and Seal Island by sea kayak. Get up close and personal with Australian wildlife in and out of the water. Take a guided walk around the island, and enjoy snorkelling in the warmer months. Kayaking Penguin Island and Seal Island is a fun-filled day out, and only a short drive south of Perth, Western Australia.
Family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children): $575*
*Available for direct bookings only
Please enquire for other family/group prices.
Duration: 8AM – 2PM (6 hours)
Season: Mid-October through to June.
Kayaking Penguin Island: join us for a unique wildlife adventure that won't disappoint!
- Visiting the sea lions on Seal Island that sometimes swim and jump playfully amongst the kayaks!
- Silently gliding over shallow reefs, exploring secluded bays, and getting up close to the islands, all within an easy 700m to 1km distance offshore - kayaking Penguin Island and Seal Island is easy paddling for beginners
- Getting a close up water level view of the wildlife, Australian sea lions, Little Penguins, colonies of pelicans and thousands of other sea birds.
- Taking a guided walk around Penguin Island to enjoy 360 degree views of the coastline; discover sea bird nesting sites; and hear about the cultural and natural history of the area.
- Snorkelling in the shallow waters off Penguin Island (warm summer months)
- Enjoying an island picnic brunch under the trees overlooking sweeping views of the marine park
- Double sea kayaks (traditional sit-inside, with rudder for comfortable cruising)
- Paddles, PFDs (lifejackets)
- Long sleeve sun shirts and hats
- Dry bags (for valuables)
- Snorkelling gear (in the warm summer months)
- Qualified guide
- Brunch (specific dietary requirements can be catered for)
- Drinking water
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bathers or boardshorts
- Thongs, sandals or crocs
- A jacket can be handy during the cooler months
Tour operates daily from 8am to between 1 & 2pm (dependant on weather conditions and how the group is travelling) during season. Tour departure is subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions.
Minimum number of people for tour: 2 people
Minimum age: 8 years old
Maximum weight per person: 115kgs
Snorkelling is only offered in the warmer summer months, between December and March
Tour is operated in English only, participants must be able to understand English instructions for safety purposes
Meet us at 153 Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater (Pengos Cafe car park, opposite the Penguin Road intersection). There is ample free all day parking. Please be there by 8am, look for our silver car with yellow sea kayaks in the car park and introduce yourself to your guide.