Paddling a sea kayak is a great way to explore Shoalwater Marine Park.
Glide through the water amongst the local wildlife. Cruise past colonies of pelicans, terns and other amazing birdlife. You will have the opportunity to take in the rugged beauty of the islands and seascape before diving into the East Indian Ocean.
Tours are led by qualified and knowledgeable guides who will take you on an adventurous snorkel tour. This is where you can encounter Dolphins, Sea Lions and snorkel amongst reefs. It’s a fun-filled day suitable for intermediate to advanced paddlers and snorkelers who want to take their adventure to the next level.
(This tour is available in the warmer summer months, from November to April.)
Child (10-16) $171/person
Family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children): $575*
*Available for direct bookings only
Please enquire for other family/group prices.
Duration: 8AM – 12PM (4 hours)
Season: November through to April.
- Visit playful Sea Lions at Seal Island as they relax on the beach or swim and play around your kayak.
- Explore calm reefs and hidden bay as you glide quietly on the water.
- Get a close-up view of wildlife.
- Take a refreshing swim from beautiful sandy beaches and easily launch your kayak to snorkel among colourful reefs. Discover a world of underwater wonders.
- Double sea kayaks (traditional sit-inside, with rudder for comfortable cruising)
- Paddles and PFD (lifejackets)
- Long sleeve sun shirts and hats
- Dry bags (for valuables)
- Snorkelling - Mask and snorkel only (November to April)
- Snacks on the water
- Qualified guide
- Drinking water
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bathers or boardshorts
- Thongs, sandals or crocs
- A change of clothes for after your paddle
- If you wish to use your own personal snorkelling equipment, please bring it along with you
Tours are available between November and April inclusive.
Tour operates daily from 8am to between 12 & 1pm (dependant on weather conditions and how the group is travelling) during season. Tour departure is subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions.
Minimum number of people for tour: 4 people
Minimum age: 10 years old
Maximum weight per person: 115kgs
Snorkelling is only offered in the warmer months.
Tour is operated in English only, participants must be able to understand English instructions for safety purposes
Meet us at 153 Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater (Pengos Cafe car park, opposite the Penguin Road intersection). There is ample free all day parking. Please be there by 8am, look for our ute with yellow sea kayaks in the northern car park and introduce yourself to your guide.