PADDLE TO PENGUIN3 Hour Penguin Island Sea Kayak Tour
Paddle your double sea kayak with us to Penguin Island, where we enjoy a morning tea, visit the Penguin Show and go on a guided walk around the Island, before paddling back to the mainland in the afternoon.
Penguin Island is part of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park, approximately 45 minutes south of Perth, or 5 minutes south of Rockingham. Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to access Penguin Island, which, at it's closest point, is only 700 metres from shore. Wildlife viewing opportunities abound: Little Penguins, colonies of pelicans, and thousands of other sea birds that use Penguin Island as a safe nesting place. Join us for a fun, family-friendly adventure to Penguin Island by sea kayak!
- Paddle your double sea kayak to beautiful Penguin Island, an easy 700m paddle over sheltered waters - perfect for beginners!
- Enjoy a freshly prepared morning tea under the trees on Penguin Island, overlooking sweeping views of the Marine Park
- Be introduced to the Little Penguins at the Discovery Centre, and learn about their life cycle and habitat (be sure to bring your camera!)
- Take a guided walk around Penguin Island and enjoy the beautiful views and amazing bird life
- Double sit-inside sea kayaks, with rudder for comfortable cruising
- PFDs (lifejackets)
- Dry bags for valuables
- Entry to the Penguin Island Discovery Centre for the Penguin feeding show
- Morning tea
- Guided walk around Penguin Island
- Qualified, experienced guide
- Drinking water
- Long sleeved sun shirt, clothing suitable for a day at the beach (quick-dry shorts and tops)
The Paddle to Penguin Tour is available from November 3, 2018 to April 25, 2019. The 3 hour tour is not available over the Christmas/New Year period, from December 25, 2018 to January 1, 2019 (inclusive). Over this period we will only have availability for the Penguin and Seal Island Wildlife Adventure - 6 hour tour
Tour operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10am to 1pm during season, subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions
Meet us at 153 Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater (Pengos Cafe car park, opposite the Penguin Road intersection). There is ample free all day parking. Please be there by 9.45am, look for our white mini-van/ute with yellow sea kayaks in the car park and introduce yourself to your guide.
Adults $125/person | Children 8 to 17 years of age (inclusive) $112.50/person
Minimum number of people for tour departure to be confirmed: 4 people | Minimum age: 8 years old | Maximum weight per person: 115kgs | Tour is operated in English only, participants must be able to understand English instructions for safety purposes