PENGUIN & SEAL ISLAND WILDLIFE ADVENTURE6 Hour Sea Kayak Tour
Spend a day exploring Penguin Island and Seal Island by sea kayak. Get up close and personal with Australian wildlife in and out of the water. Take a guided walk around the island, and enjoy snorkelling in the warmer months. Kayaking Penguin Island and Seal Island is a fun-filled day out, and only a short drive south of Perth, Western Australia.
Penguin Island and Seal Island are part of Shoalwater Islands Marine Park, approximately 45 minutes south of Perth, or 5 minutes south of Rockingham. Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to explore these rugged offshore islands, which are only up to 1 kilometre from shore. Wildlife viewing opportunities abound: Australian sea lions, Little Penguins, colonies of pelicans, and thousands of other sea birds that use these islands as safe nesting places. Occasionally we encounter pods of bottlenose dolphins, and in the warm summer months we offer snorkelling in the shallow waters off Penguin Island as a way to explore the limestone reefs and fish life.
Kayaking Penguin Island: join us for a unique wildlife adventure that won't disappoint!
- Visiting the sea lions on Seal Island that sometimes swim and jump playfully amongst the kayaks!
- Silently gliding over shallow reefs, exploring secluded bays, and getting up close to the islands, all within an easy 700m to 1km distance offshore - kayaking Penguin Island and Seal Island is easy paddling for beginners
- Getting a close up water level view of the wildlife
- Taking a guided walk around Penguin Island to enjoy 360 degree views of the coastline; discover sea bird nesting sites; and hear about the cultural and natural history of the area
- Seeing the Little Penguins at the Discovery Centre and then enjoying an island picnic lunch under the trees overlooking sweeping views of the marine park
- Double sea kayaks (traditional sit-inside, with rudder for comfortable cruising)
- Paddles, PFDs (lifejackets)
- Long sleeve sun shirts and hats
- Dry bags (for valuables)
- Snorkelling gear (in the warm summer months)
- Entry Fee into the Penguin Island Discovery Centre
- Qualified guide
- Morning tea and lunch (specific dietary requirements can be catered for)
- Drinking water
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bathers or boardshorts
- Thongs, sandals or crocs
- A jacket can be handy during the cooler months
Tours are available between September and April inclusive.
Tour operates daily from 8am to between 1 & 2pm (dependant on weather conditions and how the group is travelling) during season. Tour departure is subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions.
Meet us at 153 Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater (Pengos Cafe car park, opposite the Penguin Road intersection). There is ample free all day parking. Please be there by 8am, look for our white mini-van/ute with yellow sea kayaks in the car park and introduce yourself to your guide.
Adults $190/person | Children 8 to 17 years of age (inclusive) $171/person
Minimum number of people for tour departure to be confirmed: 2 people | Minimum age: 8 years old | Maximum weight per person: 115kgs | Snorkelling is only offered in the warmer summer months, between December and March | Tour is operated in English only, participants must be able to understand English instructions for safety purposes